Thursday, August 28, 2014

Settling In Aarhus

The view from our bedroom window - from the back of our apartment.

First attempt to bake using Danish oven and metric system for everything.  All new adventures take four times as long as normal for now!  I can buy quite a bit of food, but hardly know what to do with it as most all instructions are in Danish and use the metric system.

Hey family!  Guess what this is?  Grandma's brownies, Danish style!  They actually turned out pretty good, though they have no nuts in this batch.  I didn't want to waste anything in case they burned.  I had to ask the bishop's wife what they use for baking chocolate, and she graciously gave me a box. It is a bit darker than what we use, but tasted good.  My oven is much different, but I have to learn to make some home-made treats very soon as we have refreshments we are helping with for the SUV.  (Stake Young Adults, not a sport vehicle!)

Dad went shopping to find me a dish drainer which was wonderful!  


 

He's tried everything I have given him to eat, including this smørbrød (butter bread) which has a creamy sauce of peas and carrots on a nutty rye bread!  I don't know what I am going to feed the SUV!

We were so tired after finishing up everything yesterday that we just had to go to McDonald's.  They are everywhere!  Pretty much like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment