Thursday, August 28, 2014

Missionary Routine Getting Closer

We have spent almost the entire first week trying to get "connected."  We finally have internet, our phones are working, we have a car registered to us as users so we can get a parking permit for our neighborhood, we have email coming from the mission office so we know what we are supposed to be doing and where, we have "CPR" numbers which are required in every community in DK in order to do ANYTHING! 

We have eaten with members three different times, including traditional Danish Christmas dinner in honor of one of the missionaries who was being transferred. We have met and become acquainted with about a dozen SUV and a few investigators.  Our first SUV activity was great and we were oriented by Elder and Sister Hicks who have been covering for the SUV program in the Aarhus area until new senior missionaries arrived. We have investigators and new members from Romania, Ghana, England, and Portugal.  We will also fellowship with less active members from Denmark.

Last night Elder Parker and I went with Elders Gines and Swan to help teach and review The Plan of Salvation with a very new member.  It was great! That was our first lesson.  We usually meet at the Church which is just a mile from where we live.  Today we bought a GPS to help us navigate better, and I gave out my first pass-along card to a clerk who asked about my name tag and the church.  I decided yesterday I needed to keep the cards in my wallet as I have had several clerks in the stores ask about the name tag and I wished I had something to give them.  We are learning!
Elder Gines from Detroit, MI, Elder Swan from Mapleton, UT, Anna from Portugal, Sister Parker from Provo, UT.

Sister and Elder Hicks from New Mexico.



We are trying to keep up our walking for exercise in our neighborhood.  We live just a couple of blocks from a historical city site, and a very nice park with gardens.  We love Denmark!

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful over there, I'm happy now that I can see and follow you here...thanks.

    ReplyDelete