| Marcipan around the outside of white cake filled with cream and raspberry jam, topped with chocolate, fruit, and more cream. We gave part of it away due to high calories! |
| In P-day clothes as we had just finished doing laundry and work-jobs. |
Pictured above is a bottle of Hyldeblomst saft, a sweet concentrate one mixes with water, and which is my celebration (or other?) drink of choice in Denmark. I went on line to see where Hyldeblomst drink came from, and found the following:
Hyldeblomster (Elderflowers) has played a big role in Nordic mythology. It was believed that the goddess Freja lived by the Elderflowers and that the bushes provided protection from evil. The flowers were also thought to give relief from ailments such as toothaches, fevers, depression and insomnia. In today’s modern Denmark Elderflowers are still very popular but for different reasons. Today the mature flowers are used to make a wonderful tasty juice concentrate.
Sounds good to me, and tastes even better! I heard it might be available at IKEA when I get back home, but haven't had time to check that out... It is very soothing just before bed - if you don't mix it too sweet.
In commemoration of Elder Parker's birthday, I thought I would post some missionary pictures, but pictures of his "first" mission as a much younger man:
He is just as handsome as ever, but he must have died his hair dark brown back in the late 60's! His natural "white spot" that is so familiar to family and close friends has now spread to a much larger area... Concerning the picture where he has a hat on, he actually showed that one to our district at our last meeting. I'm not sure if he was advocating for hats in Denmark or just wanted them to see what they were missing in proper missionary attire. I did notice he is not wearing his hat in the other pictures above...
| Joakim, Elder Parker, Nickolai |
Happy Birthday Elder Parker, Grandpa and Dad!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment