My girls will remember Rose Milk. I haven't been able to find it for many years (even on the Internet), but it was a rose-scented skin care lotion that was very popular when I was growing up. My Dad used Rose Milk after shaving, though I am now wondering how that scent combined with Old Spice! Rose Milk was "For Softer, Smoother, Younger Feeling Skin." I am taking that right off the bottle which I have here in Denmark!
I actually have two bottles here on my mission which I have been saving for many years, not for a mission, but because it reminds me of my Dad and I occasionally use and smell the lotion because of him. I know that sounds eccentric, but my Dad always joked with us to feel his "baby-soft" skin, and my girls really played up to him! When I was packing the last of my things for our mission to Denmark, I threw in both bottles of Rose Milk. Since my Dad and all of his family are Danish, I felt it was time to put the Rose Milk to good use. But I must confess, I will probably bring the empty bottles home with me just to remember my Dad.
Rose Milk and Babies have both been on my mind this past week. Amber and Tod have been blessed with twin daughters born on October 17 in Provo, UT.
| Lacy Ann, Amber, Brinley Belle |
![]() |
| Lacy and Brinley |
| ||
| Parker, Amber, Mason holding Brinley, Jade holding Lacy, Tod The Proud Father of All- except Amber. Glen is the proud father of Amber! |
I am told that this is one of the "sacrifices" Senior Missionary Grandmas make to serve the Lord - miss out on the birth of new babies back home. But twins! I always wanted twins. Now the Lord has given us twins, though they will be walking when Grandpa and I get back. I like to think that the Lord timed this event for a blessing for me on my mission. There is not much I love more than to hold a tiny new-born baby on my shoulder, up close to my face, and feel that baby-soft skin so recently come from Heaven. I have shed a few tears, though mostly tears of joy for the many blessings the Lord continually gives to us and our family. But I also took a couple extra whiffs of Rose Milk this morning...

No comments:
Post a Comment