Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Coming to an End


I loved this quote from President Howard W. Hunter given in a lesson a couple of weeks ago:

“Please remember this one thing...  If our lives and our faith are centered upon Jesus Christ and his restored gospel, nothing can ever go permanently wrong. On the other hand, if our lives are not centered on the Savior and his teachings, no other success can ever be permanently right."

Pretty simply said, and simple for us to follow if we make the choice to do so.  Our primary focus in life should be to live this principle. It reminded me of President Gordon B. Hinckley who said, “The cause of most of man's unhappiness is sacrificing what he wants most for what he wants now.”

We get so busy in everyday life, and often have so many challenges to work through (and some of them are hard!) that we sometimes get distracted from what is truly important.  It is easy to get taken off course from those things that will bring us permanent happiness.  Keeping focused on the purpose of life and on our Savior Jesus Christ and his teachings is what will bring us what we really want most in this life.

We have had almost 18 months now of being full time disciples of Jesus Christ, serving as missionaries here in Denmark.  This has truly been an experience that has helped us grow, and one that will change our lives permanently!  In the Senior MTC we were told that missions are hard, but "a good kind of hard."  Glen and I now know that to be true from our own experience. I have a long way yet to go to be the kind of person I truly want to be, but I can say I am stronger in many ways than I was a year ago.  We have both learned so many things!  I don't think I will ever be one to say, "bring on the adversity!", but if we face our challenges in life and endure well, we'll be ok.

We're starting to say goodbye to Denmark and our dear friends here as we leave for home in just one week:
One of our favorite places

Amager Branch Primary

Nils Erik Nilsson, 1st C. in Copenhagen Temple Presidency

Wonderful Dinner with Elder and Sister Buxton (from Mendon, UT) at Dalaman Restaurant

Good bye to the wind!

Our walks around Copenhagen are ending soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment