Sunday, June 7, 2015

Book of Mormon Read-A-Thon

We felt impressed a few weeks ago to encourage our SUV students to read The Book of Mormon.  Some students have previously read it through, some have read it more than once, and some have only read a few passages here and there.  We challenged our group to read it completely, and to do so over the next 120 days, with the goal of being finished before October General Conference.  Everyone who completes the challenge by October 2nd will be taken out for a celebration dinner at a nice restaurant, but we will also have some "milestone" events along the way to help apply the teachings of The Book of Mormon to our daily lives.




We felt inspired in initiating this activity for the summer, especially since our Institute curriculum is completed until September, and knowing from personal experience of the blessings that come from sincerely studying The Book of Mormon.  As our young adults here in Denmark begin a busy summer filled with much travel, I wondered how many would really choose to participate.  I was thrilled to have nine out of eleven students respond very quickly that they wanted to read, and then two more caught me at church today to say they wanted to participate.  Only a few of them have said, "I will try" or "I am not sure I can do it" or "I will do my best..."

 I have a great testimony of The Book of Mormon, but I do not have time to write of it now, so that will come soon...

*To my family of children and grandchildren, those of you who would also like to participate with us in completing the challenge to sincerely read The Book of Mormon between now and October 2, 2015, before General Conference, we promise you will receive additional power and strength in your lives to help handle whatever it is you must handle, and to grow stronger in faith and testimony.  The Book of Mormon is a valuable tool we have been given to protect us and our children as we strive to remain true and faithful till the end, so we can all be together forever.

I guess that is a bit of a testimony after all!

*We will also come up with a family "celebration" reward for those of you who read with us!  Let us hear from you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment