| Lighthouse Grenaa, Denmark |
We came upon the above lighthouse while driving down a small country lane near the eastern coast of Jylland, not too far from where we are serving, so of course, Elder Parker had to take a picture! We could not get much closer to take a better look as it was on private property and a sign was posted to not enter.
Wikipedia states that "a lighthouse is a tower, building, or other type of structure designed to emit light... to mark dangerous coastlines, hazardous shoals and reefs, safe entries to harbors, and can also assist in aerial navigation. Once widely used, the number of operational lighthouses has declined due to the expense of maintenance and replacement by modern electronic navigational systems such as strobes."
In the Gospel of Jesus Christ we have a constant "lighthouse" found in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This lighthouse will never grow old or become out-dated. We look to Him as the Light of the World, knowing that He lives today, and will guide us through all trials, dangers, and the hazardous obstacles of life. "Because He Lives" we have hope of obtaining our final destinations, and in tact as families.
I have always found great comfort in prayer. My prayers have become more meaningful, more fervent, and more earnest as I have grown older. Raising a family (and serving a mission!) gives one many reasons to pray. Sometimes I just keep looking towards that lighthouse, waiting for the beacon to show the way, and sometimes it takes me a bit to get oriented concerning just where I am and where I need to go. Sometimes I just keep praying waiting for that brighter light to come.
The author of the following poem is unknown, but I have carried this in my scriptures for years, and it gives me a bit of comfort, reminding me to keep on praying (and patiently waiting), keeping my eyes on the lighthouse...
But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His word,
That tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late,
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought,
Will come just in the way I thought,
But leave my prayers with Him above,
Whose ways are wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my quest
Or send some answer far more blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment